This is our FAQ for using the zenloop API, and you can see our documentation for implementation here.
Solutions to common questions:
Q – What is an API?
A – An API is a way for your system to communicate directly with ours. This allows you to do many of the things that you can do through our application, but in a more scalable way.
Q – What does the zenloop API allow you to do?
A – The zenloop API makes importing and exporting data at scale a lot easier. In particular, you can:
- Add recipients: Add recipients and properties based on a trigger set up in your system (for example, after a purchase or delivery)
- Add recipients in bulk: Add recipients in bulk (for instance if you want to send out a very large survey on a regular basis)
- Get answers: Export all of the answers and their details of a survey into your system. This will also let you get information on the overall score
- Get surveys: Export a list of all the surveys you have running, and their details
Q – What are some common use cases?
A – We can split this into two broad sets of use cases: importing and exporting data.
- Automated surveys based on triggers. Say you’ve just had a purchase on your website, or finished responding to a customer service request. Rather than manually adding the customer to an NPS Survey, your system can automatically push this recipient’s details through to us in real-time
- Large scale data import. If you have a large amount of recipients to import, and need to do so regularly and there is variability in the list, this provides a great alternative to using CSV.
- Get any data on answers or surveys directly into your system, so that you can incorporate it into any other analysis or BI tools you have.
Q – How do I set up my API?
A – You can find detailed instructions on implementation in our documentation.