The Google Tag Manager is one of the best ways to organize scripts on your website. Instead of including multiple pieces of code, you implement only one code and manage all scripts from a single dashboard. You can set triggers and their order to trigger scripts only when they're needed. What´s the result? Your website loads faster and you don't have to involve a developer every time you want to try something directly. This also makes it possible to integrate the zenloop Website Overlay Survey in just a few minutes and to target it precisely.
Integration in just a few steps:
In the first step, think carefully about on which page the survey should be displayed. The URL of this page should appear either in its entirety or in parts unambiguously or only once in your page structure. Then you can copy this URL and put it in your notes.
Now go to the zenloop platform and select "Website Survey" and then "Integrate Website Overlay" in the "Listen" section.
The next step involves the usual adjustment of the survey. So you can
Specify the title
Customize the question
Insert your domain - Attention: Mandatory field!
Specify the styling of the survey
And customize the comment & thank you page
4. The customized script then reveals itself. You can easily use it by clicking the button "copy code", click anywhere in the text field or send the code directly to the person responsible for Google Tag Manager.
5. Now start working in the Google Tag Manager. Open the Tag Manager and select "Add new tag" from your workspace:
6. Name your day so that you can easily identify it again. Then select "Custom HTML Tag" from the "Tag Configuration" menu.
7. Now copy the script from the zenloop platform into the given field and save your tag. Leave the advanced settings as they are.
8. Next, click on the "Trigger" field and create a new trigger via the "Plus" on the right side using the trigger configuration and the trigger type "Page call". Now select "Some page views" and afterwards select "Page URL" from the drop-down menu. Here you can insert the URL from step 1.). You can choose either "is equal" or "contains" to configure the trigger for the URL correctly:
9. If no error message is displayed, you can save both the tag and the trigger and return to your workspace in the Tag Manager. Make sure your changes in the workspace are displayed and then click on "Preview" in the upper right corner. Update your preview before you continue.
10. Now go to the page you specified and see if the survey reveals itself to you. According to the default time setting in the creation of your zenloop Website Overlay Survey, the survey should be displayed on your accessed page (to see it for sure, you should minimize the Tag Manager preview). Here is our example:
11. Are you satisfied with the result? If so, you can now return to the Tag Manager and view your settings by clicking the "Submit" button (don't forget your version name and description!) and publish them to your live environment.